|Monday||9.15am **NO CLASS
|Thursday||9.15am **Hatha Yoga class
|Saturday||8.15am *Nia 5 STAGES class
* A classes without an “explanation” are Nia classes
✶ WHAT IS THE 5 STAGES CLASS?
Live in your body with pleasure, comfort and ease. The Nia 5 Stages practice is based on five stages of human development: Embryonic, Creeping, Crawling, Standing and Walking. Deepen your body knowledge, experience mindful self-healing and recharge your energy.
Practicing the 5 STAGES allows your body to naturally reclaim the physical mobility, flexibility, strength, agility and stability it needs. It also provides a way for the body to do what it does best, take care of itself and self-heal. When allowed to, the body will always move towards healing and optimal functioning.
These classes are excellent for cross-training, and powerfully complement regular Nia classes!
No previous experience is necessary..
- The class experience
Unique to the 5 STAGES, each 60-minute lesson blends a cognitive study of anatomy with a poetic, sensory-based delivery. Through the art and science of The Body’s Way, students are educated about the specific focus (body part) using a skeleton (or other tactile or visual aids), and then are guided through the 5 STAGES to experientially connect to the focus in their own bodies. The class environment provides the container for participants to tap into their body’s natural ability to self-heal.
The lesson plans are brilliant somatic experiences created by Debbie Rosas (the co-creator of Nia), with topics ranging from the study of bones, joints, muscles to the chakra system, the heart and sounding.Class feedback –
- Long-time Nia student: and Teacher: ”I loved it! Yet again more thumbs ups from the body and a deeper “knowingness” about the many benefits of this work. Also thought the movement at the end was very juicy with heightened awareness after having done the 5 Stages. Grrreat!! “
- Long-time Nia student: “my mind did not like the thought of moving and crawling and creeping on the floor – that is just not me, but my body told me otherwise .. so I “have” to come back to this class”.
- Nia Student: “I loved the five stages class. It worked at such a deep level that my body needed some deep rest when I got home. I slept for a couple of hours”.
- Totally new to Nia: “ It was fab! A great new way of learning about and being in my body, and I slept like a baby that night.
✶ HATHA YOGA CLASSES ✶
NEW YOGA CLASS ON THURSDAYS
Thursdays: 9.15 – 10.15am with Saraswati Nagpal
Saraswati has practiced Hatha yoga (BSY style) since childhood and did her teacher training in 2001, in Bangalore, India. A recent Vinyasa student, she draws from both styles for her yogic practice.
Her approach to yoga is deeply feminine – a gentle and restorative practice, using breath and movement to journey inwards. It is ideal for beginners and regular Yoga practitioners who value a no-pressure, deep meditative practice. With her beautiful voice, Saraswati includes chanting at the beginning and the end of the practice, as well as deep-guided relaxation.
As a trained Indian Classical dancer, Saraswati has taught yoga and dance, to children and adults in India and overseas.
A wonderful end-week restorative practice, and a perfect complement to the Tuesday and Friday mornings Nia classes!