Learn how to hula that hoop, have fun and get a great workout!
Facilitated by the fabulous duo, Sandy and Basil, the workshop will encompass:
- brief introduction and warm up
- connecting with your hoop through movement exploration
- basic foundation skills: Waist hooping and introduction to off body hooping
- off-body hooping and transitions (moving from on to off body and switching planes)
- flow sequences – putting a sequence of movements together to form a dance and connect to personal flow
There will be learning, play, moving and lots of personal attention.
- Date: Saturday, 10th October
- Time: 2 – 4.30pm
- Cost: R250
- Venue: OurNiaSpace Studio
- Sign-up: 082 462 4822 OR SIGN UP NOW!
*Due to space needs the workshop is limited in number so book early to secure your place.
No previous experience is required, and the age limit is 15 years and up only for this workshop. Hoops will be provided.
THE WORKSHOP FACILITATORS
“I fell in love with the hoop back in 2006. Hooping awoke my spirit, I became confident and alive, and from there beautiful things began to happen. Originally from Zimbabwe, moving to Cape Town meant making new friends and hooping seemed the most obvious way of doing this. I began teaching and making hoops in my back garden as a way of sharing my love and creating a group of friends to share my passion. Today hooping is my expression, my healing, my meditation. It provides me with a channel for love and through teaching I am able to share this and love and joy”
“I started hooping because of a woman (naturally). Soon after, I found myself entranced by the way I could simply let go of all my frustrations when I was in my flow. Hooping became, and remains today my personal meditation. I hoop for the love of it. I teach hooping for the joy it brings to others and for those many smiling faces when they learn something new. I have also come to the realisation that I am a performer at heart – my hoop has brought me to the stage. Hooping means I can be a little kid again (and not get in trouble for anything).”