More and more people are experiencing food sensitivities, allergies or intolerance to wheat, gluten, dairy, soya, preservatives and so on.
This 2-hour hands-on workshop will show you how to muscle-test (a kinesiology tool to access your body and obtain a read-out of what may be causing you stress, identify which foods support you and which foods do not, and where foods that you are sensitive to are hidden in everyday products.
The workshop is open to ANYBODY!
Meryl Abrahams is an experienced Professional Specialised Kinesiologist, Touch For Health Instructor and Posture Therapist, who herself has recovered from food sensitivities to wheat, dairy, yeast, preservatives and sugar. Meryl is featured in this month’s edition of the Fair Lady Magazine.
Date: Sunday, 9 March
Time: 2.30pm – 4.30pm
Sign-up: ✆ 082 462 4844, or at the studio, or sign up now!
WHAT IS KINESIOLOGY?
“A fundamental premise of Kinesiology (Kin-easy-ology) is that the body has innate healing energy and is doing its best to care for itself, but sometimes needs assistance to achieve this state.”
Kinesiology, therefore, may be understood as a system of natural health care which combines muscle monitoring with the principles of Chinese medicine to assess energy and body function, applying a range of gentle yet powerful healing techniques to improve health, wellbeing and vitality.
- Kinesiology is the most comprehensive and most wholistic of the modern natural therapies, and combines the wisdom of both eastern and western traditions.
- Kinesiology is a feedback tool that enables a person to assess and upgrade their performance in all areas.
- Kinesiology is the science of energy balancing and is grounded in the study of anatomy and physiology.
- Kinesiology uses muscles as monitors of stress and imbalance within the body.
- Kinesiology enables people to detect and correct various imbalances that may relate to stress, nutrition, learning problems, minor injuries, and other issues they meet in their daily life.
- Kinesiology is a tool which allows you to enhance your performance in every aspect of your life. KC provides student centred learning aimed at helping you to learn, to grow as a person so that you may embrace life to the full.
- Kinesiology can enhance learning in adults and children.
- Kinesiology boosts sports performance.
- Kinesiology can make positive changes to your health.
- Kinesiology helps you to determine things (eg. a food or shampoo etc.) that trigger allergic or a sensitivity reaction
- Kinesiology can help you with your finances and decision-making.
- Kinesiology is a communication tool because it can help you communicate better with yourself and others
- Muscle Monitoring accesses information often not available to the conscious mind.
How Does It Work?
A fundamental premise of Kinesiology is that the body has innate healing energy and is at all times doing its best to care for itself, but that sometimes it needs to be helped into a better position to achieve this care.
Kinesiology also recognises that there are flows of energy within the body that relate not only to the muscles but to every tissue and organ that go to make the body a living, feeling being.
These energy flows can be evaluated by testing the function of the muscles, which in turn reflect the body’s overall state of structural chemical, or emotional balance.
In this way, Kinesiology taps into energies that other modalities do not assess. Kinesiology looks beyond the symptoms. Kinesiology does not treat named diseases. Nor does it diagnose them. Kinesiology is concerned with imbalances in the body’s energy. In this respect, Kinesiology has close links with the acupuncture concept of energy flow.
Kinesiology is not limited to dealing with ailments. Energy balancing brings a person closer to achieving any goal of their choice ~ in sport, relationships, learning or coping with life in general.*
Why Muscle Testing?
These techniques are applied to identify & correct energy blockages within the body. Always the answer is somewhere inside you. Muscle monitoring is a natural feedback system which receives information via nerve pathways and the meridian system of the Brain and Body.
Kinesiology bypasses conscious thinking processes to isolate causal factors in one’s being, whether emotional, psychological, in the subconscious, the body or other levels (eg. emotional/spiritual). Honouring this system enables the body to clear itself at its own enhanced rate and priority.
Kinesiology is a non-invasive method, using precision muscle feedback and body awareness that can help you to reduce stress and pain, improve performance at school, work and home, in sports, in relationships, and promotes health and wellbeing. Kinesiology helps one access the inner knowing and find again the power of choice in one’s life.
Kinesiology allows you to take charge of the way you relate to the past, your present circumstances and the future.